Elizabeth ZwibelManaging Partner & Lead Trial Lawyer, Licensed in Florida and Virginia
Elizabeth (Liz) Zwibel has been a practicing trial lawyer for over 33 years, bringing with her a wealth of experience and passion for defending the rights of the seriously injured and underinsured. Liz currently handles cases in Florida, Washington D.C., and Virginia. Liz is a passionate champion for plaintiffs rights with an outstanding ability to handle the complexities of catastrophic cases, zealously advocating for clients until justice is served.
Liz earned her Bachelor of Science from Boston University and later earned her Juris Doctor from George Mason University School of Law in 1988. After graduation, she practiced law in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area as a defense litigator for several years before passing the Florida Bar in 2000.
A dedicated attorney, Liz has established a strong reputation in the legal community. Prior to her partnership at Swope, Rodante, P.A., team, she led a solo practice firm and built an impressive record co counseling with firms throughout Florida to obtain multi million dollar verdicts and settlements including one of the largest mild traumatic brain injury verdict in U.S. history. Additionally, two of her jury trials were in the top 100 jury verdicts in the United States, receiving jury verdicts of 53 Million and 28.5 million, respectively.
Liz has received numerous accolades in recognition of her keen ability to handle the complexities of catastrophic cases. She is a member of National Trial Lawyers, an organization comprised of trial lawyers who exemplify superior qualifications, and has been inducted into the Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame by the Daily Business Review. She is a frequent lecturer nationwide on catastrophic complex litigation, traumatic brain injury, and product liability.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers
- Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame, Daily Business Review
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- “Superb” Rating, AVVO
- “Preeminent AV” Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazines
- Top 50 Most Influential Trial Lawyers in the Nation, National Trial Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2011 Woman of the Year
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Florida Justice Association, 2002-present Professional and Community Involvement
- Florida Justice Association o Board of Director, 2006-2008 President of the Women’s Caucus
- Presidents’ Task Force on Victims of Crime
- Certified Hospice Volunteer, 2011
- Former Board of Director for the Ronald McDonald House
- 53 million product liability case against auto manufacturer
- 28.5 million traumatic brain damage
- 11 million car crash
- 6 million explosion case
- 5.25 medical malpractice
Our Process... Easy as 1. 2. 3!
We will determine your case and submit
We get to work
You will get regular update from us
Collect your compensation
“John helped me find doctors, he referred me to his neurologist, his physical therapist, I mean, anything I needed he was right there, every step of the way. I couldn’t have asked for a better result from all of this, I would absolutely recommend Gomez Trial Attorneys.”
“During the time I was working with Gomez Trial Attorneys, they treated me very, very well. 100% of the time, they believed me, and they were very compassionate. They felt sorry for what happened and they understood the therapy process.”
“They held my hand the whole time and kept me in the loop every aspect of my case which was very refreshing to me. They helped me get my settlement offer as fast as possible and I was able to keep my farm”
“The Gomez experience was the best experience it could be for me really, only positive things to say. They really were there every step if the way. Thanks to Gomez Trial Attorneys my dad is able to support my family as a single father”
“He opened the door for me to join his firm to help other brain Injury survivors and I never met another firm who is like this who was so understanding and caring who took the extra step and walked the extra mile with their clients and this is the best”
“I am very satisfied with the outcome with Gomez and I would definitely recommend Gomez to anybody, we tell people all the time, Get Gomez! They are really thorough with everything and they make you feel real comfortable.”
“Just helped us through, guided us through, I kept notes all those years, we had questions all the time and they would always keep us informed of what was going on. They just unlayered it, layer by layer, I’ve never seen anything like them. Thank God for them.”