San Luis Obispo Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
All San Diego Case Types
Slip & Fall
San Luis Obispo Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
SAN LUIS OBISPO PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
In many areas, pedestrians have right of way as they progress through the streets. Some pedestrians in San Luis Obispo may have sidewalks on which they can travel safely. Others may need to walk along the shoulder of the road. Regardless of where you walk, however, you have the right to travel the streets of San Luis Obispo safely.
Pedestrian accidents, unfortunately, occur all too frequently in San Luis Obispo. Motor vehicles may cause substantial injuries to pedestrians, who have little protection from those vehicles.
Did you suffer serious injuries in a pedestrian accident? Contact the San Luis Obispo personal injury attorneys today.
GOMEZ TRIAL ATTORNEYS: SKILLFULLY HANDLING SAN LUIS OBISPO PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT CLAIMS FOR YEARS
Pedestrian accident victims want to know they have experienced personal injury attorneys on their side. Gomez Trial Attorneys delivers for our clients. Our past case results include a $4,500,000 settlement for a victim of a traumatic brain injury in a pedestrian accident case, and a $1,700,000 settlement for the victim of a pedestrian accident who suffered a back injury. Past results cannot guarantee the results of future pedestrian accident claims, including those handled by Gomez Trial Attorneys.
- Evaluate your claim and help determine the funds you deserve for your injuries
- Collect evidence that will help show who caused your accident. Evidence may include witness statements, traffic camera footage, and security camera footage.
- Connect with expert witnesses who can help establish how your injuries limit you and your anticipated medical bills, including potential future medical bills related to your injuries.
- Negotiate with the insurance company that covers the liable entity on your behalf.
- Guide you through the process, including providing valuable advice that could prevent you from mistakenly limiting the compensation you can receive after a pedestrian accident.
FREQUENT SAN LUIS OBISPO PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT INJURIESPedestrian versus car: It happens all too often. In one year alone, more than 14,000 pedestrians in California suffered severe injuries in accidents. In many of those cases, the car causes substantial injuries to the pedestrian victim. Pedestrian accident victims may suffer a wide range of injuries, including: Traumatic brain injury. Victims of pedestrian accidents may face a great deal of force to the head, either because their heads bounce off the pavement or another object or because the vehicle hits the victim’s head directly. Traumatic brain injuries can cause a host of problems, including physical, mental, and emotional difficulties. Victims may struggle with:
- Decreased focus and concentration
- Confusion and disorientation, especially at the scene of the accident
- Difficulty with cognitive functions
- Memory problems
- Ringing in the ears
- Tunnel vision
- Challenges regulating emotions, including extreme emotional responses to minor stimuli
SEEKING COMPENSATION FOR YOUR PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT: HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU CLAIM?Pedestrian accident victims have the right to claim compensation for accidents caused by other parties. The compensation you receive for your injuries will vary. In California, non-commercial drivers must carry at least $15,000 in bodily injury liability coverage. Commercial drivers may carry substantially higher insurance to help protect accident victims, including victims of pedestrian accidents. Consult an attorney to help determine how much compensation you deserve for your injuries. Most victims claim: COMPENSATION FOR MEDICAL EXPENSES Pedestrian accident victims should visit an emergency room or urgent care facility immediately after the accident, even if they believe they did not sustain severe injuries in the accident. Medical expenses may mount quickly, especially in the case of severe injuries. Consult an attorney to learn more about the medical expenses you can include as part of your personal injury claim. Save your medical bills, including bills from:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency treatment
- Tests and procedures in the emergency room
- Surgical procedures to help repair your injuries
- A stay in a long-term care facility, if needed
- Durable medical equipment
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Psychological therapy, if needed due to trauma from the accident or resulting injuries
- Home modifications to accommodate your injuries
DETERMINING LIABLE PARTIES IN A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTDrivers cause accidents with pedestrians for a variety of reasons. Most notably, distraction may prevent drivers from noticing the presence of a pedestrian. A moment’s inattention can cause enough distraction to prevent the driver from noticing a much smaller pedestrian in a crosswalk or on the road. While the driver may bear primary liability for a pedestrian accident, other factors may contribute to or even cause the accident, leaving other entities liable for some of your injuries. DID A MECHANICAL FAILURE CAUSE YOUR ACCIDENT? Mechanical failure can cause even the most experienced driver to lose control of his vehicle. Mechanical failure may leave liability resting with several different parties:
- The owner of the vehicle, who bears responsibility for identifying any problems with the vehicle and maintaining it properly. Corporate vehicle owners must maintain their fleets properly to ensure safety for their drivers and those who share the road with them.
- Vehicle manufacturers and manufacturers of the component parts used in the vehicle, who bear responsibility for producing safe vehicles and parts that protect both the people in them and others on the road.
- A mechanic who recently worked on the vehicle, if he failed to properly repair that vehicle or failed to note a potential problem with the vehicle that he should have identified during his repairs.
- The employer forces the driver to exceed the legal number of hours he can drive: truck drivers, for example, can only legally drive for 11 hours out of a 14-hour shift each day.
- The employer forces the driver to drive in unsafe conditions: unsafe road conditions, while inebriated, or while ill, for example.
- The employer fails to properly maintain the vehicle.
PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT SETTLEMENT OFFERS: SHOULD YOU ACCEPT?Some insurance companies will contact you soon after a pedestrian accident to offer a settlement: funds provided quickly after the accident to help you pay your medical bills and handle your other expenses during your recovery. Unfortunately, this offer often fails to reflect the funds you fully deserve for your injuries. Consult with an attorney before accepting a settlement offer, especially an offer that comes before you have the opportunity to fully evaluate your injuries and what your recovery might look like. DO YOU NEED A SAN LUIS OBISPO PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER? Yes. Having an attorney on your side after a pedestrian accident can present numerous advantages. Our San Luis Obispo pedestrian accident attorneys can help you understand the full compensation you deserve. Not only that, an attorney can advocate for you, increasing the odds that you will receive the compensation you deserve for injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident. Contact Gomez Trial Attorneys online or call today at our San Luis Obispo office at (619) 237-3490 for a free consultation, and learn more about your rights following injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident.
Gomez Trial Attorneys 1334 Chorro Street San Luis Obispo, 93401 Phone: (619)-237-3490
Our Process... Easy as 1. 2. 3!
We will determine your case and submit
We get to work
You will get regular update from us
Collect your compensation
550+ 5 Star Reviews
“John helped me find doctors, he referred me to his neurologist, his physical therapist, I mean, anything I needed he was right there, every step of the way. I couldn’t have asked for a better result from all of this, I would absolutely recommend Gomez Trial Attorneys.”
“During the time I was working with Gomez Trial Attorneys, they treated me very, very well. 100% of the time, they believed me, and they were very compassionate. They felt sorry for what happened and they understood the therapy process.”
“They held my hand the whole time and kept me in the loop every aspect of my case which was very refreshing to me. They helped me get my settlement offer as fast as possible and I was able to keep my farm”
“The Gomez experience was the best experience it could be for me really, only positive things to say. They really were there every step if the way. Thanks to Gomez Trial Attorneys my dad is able to support my family as a single father”
“He opened the door for me to join his firm to help other brain Injury survivors and I never met another firm who is like this who was so understanding and caring who took the extra step and walked the extra mile with their clients and this is the best”
“I am very satisfied with the outcome with Gomez and I would definitely recommend Gomez to anybody, we tell people all the time, Get Gomez! They are really thorough with everything and they make you feel real comfortable.”
“Just helped us through, guided us through, I kept notes all those years, we had questions all the time and they would always keep us informed of what was going on. They just unlayered it, layer by layer, I’ve never seen anything like them. Thank God for them.”